The Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) is the older of the two retirement systems that cover many federal and postal employees. Most of these employees began working for the federal government or the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) prior to 1984. An employee who retires under CSRS receives a guaranteed lifetime income and cannot outlive their CSRS annuity. Sounds simple right?
Unfortunately, it’s easy to make costly mistakes with any retirement plan — unless you have the facts! Written by recognized federal employee benefits expert Edward Zurndorfer, Your CSRS Retirement is the #1 best-selling retirement publication specific to the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS). Since our first edition in 1992, this guide has been used by thousands of federal employees to maximize their CSRS retirement by taking appropriate actions ahead of time. Order our latest edition for step-by-step instructions and expert advice on:
- Calculating your basic annuity and adjusting for life changes
- Determining your amount of creditable service
- Annuity commencement dates, lump-sum payments and COLAs
- Voluntary Contribution Program (VCP)
- Maximizing your Thrift Savings Plan investments
- Health insurance (FEHBP) benefits during retirement
- Life insurance (FEGLI) coverage and options
- Long-term care (LTC) insurance
- Dental and vision (FEDVIP) insurance
- Easy 8-step action plan for the year before retirement
- More than 20 up-to-date reference tables and charts
- Numerous simple worksheets to help you do the math and avoid costly mistakes
- Samples and explanations of important forms
Get the CSRS retirement you deserve. Download Your CSRS Retirement today to get started!