How Much Money Will I Get When I Retire?
May 22, 2018
FERS Retirement Planning, Part 2: What to consider when calculating your annuity
Tuesday, May 22, 2018 | 2:00pm ET
One of the most common questions federal government employees ask about their FERS retirement plan is, “How much money will I get when I retire?”
Federal Soup has partnered with federal benefits and financial expert, Ed Zurndorfer, to help you answer that very question, and address many other considerations federal employees must make when planning for retirement.
Attend this one hour seminar to learn:
- How the FERS annuity fits into the FERS retirement and the cost to employees
- How to calculate your starting FERS annuity (the monthly income you will receive for the rest of your life)
- How the high-three average salary used in calculating the annuity is determined
- When you can expect to receive your first FERS annuity check
- The possible reductions to consider that will impact your FERS annuity
- How much of the FERS annuity is taxable
- How a COLA (Cost of Living Adjustments) is applied to the FERS annuity and when
Come prepared with questions! Ed Zurndorfer will address as many of them as time will allow at the end of the online seminar.
Edward A. Zurndorfer, EA, CFP, CLU, ChFC