When Can I Retire?
Apr 26, 2018
FERS Retirement Planning, Part I: The basics you need to know
Federal Soup presents, “When Can I Retire?” the first of a four-part FERS retirement planning series produced to provide you with confidence and knowledge that you and your family are well-prepared and will be taken care of in retirement.
In this seminar, Ed Zurndorfer, federal benefits and financial expert, will cover the most frequently asked questions regarding FERS retirement (and other important rules you may not know to ask).
Join us to ensure you are on the best path to a successful retirement. We will cover:
• How to determine if you’re covered by FERS and not by CSRS
• The different types of FERS retirement (immediate, early, postponed, and deferred)
• What is considered creditable service for FERS retirement eligibility purposes
• If you are contributing the right amount each pay date to the FERS Retirement and Disability Fund
• What date is used to determine a FERS employee’s eligibility to retire and where that date can be found
• How employees can get credit for other types of services such as military service and temporary federal service
• Retirement eligibility rules that apply to employees who are under the “special retirement provisions” including federal law enforcement officers, firefighters, air traffic controllers, and military reserve technicians
• The best day of the month and time of year for a FERS employee to retire
Come prepared with questions! Ed Zurndorfer will address as many of them as time will allow at the end of the online seminar.
It is never too early or too late to plan for your retirement. Start now to ensure your decisions align with your retirement goals.
Presented by: Edward A. Zurndorfer, EA, CFP, CLU, ChFC