If there’s a reduction in force going on, can I get severance pay even if I leave before I would be separated?
You would be eligible only if you have received a specific written notice stating you will be involuntarily separated by a particular action on a particular date, or a general written notice of reduction in force or transfer of function that announces that all positions in the competitive area will be abolished or transferred to another commuting area by a particular date within a year.

2021 Digital Almanac

Stay Connected

Latest Forum Posts

Ask the Expert

Have a question regarding your federal employee benefits or retirement?

Submit a question