Can I appeal a personnel action against me based on a performance evaluation?
If an agency takes what is called an adverse action, you could have the right to appeal to the Merit Systems Protection Board depending on the nature of your appointment and the type of position occupied. If you are represented a union with negotiated grievance procedures in their contracts, you may file a grievance under that procedure rather than appeal to MSPB, but not both.

2021 Digital Almanac

Stay Connected

Latest Forum Posts

Ask the Expert

Have a question regarding your federal employee benefits or retirement?

Submit a question