Where can I find information about allowances for an overseas assignment?
Most federal jobs overseas are with the Defense Department or the State Department, although numerous other agencies also have overseas jobs. Various special allowances may apply. The general policies are set by the State Department and are at http://aoprals.state.gov. However, also check with your own agency because it may have different specific policies.