Close this Advertisement
Login | Register
What is your e-mail address?
My e-mail address is:
Do you have a password?
I don't have a password. (Sign up now!)
I have a password
Forgot your password? Click here
Classification and Job Grading
Main Federal Schedules Systems
Leave and Paid Time Off
Evaluation and Advancement
Special Hiring Placement
Travel and Relocation
Weather Emergency Procedures
Thrift Savings Plan
General Rules and Procedures
Loans and Withdrawals
Materials and Contacts
Divorce and Separation
Social Security Benefits
Legislation and Policy
Jobs and Careers
Financial Planning and Retirement
E-Mail this page
Can I change my FSA during a year?
Apr 06, 2014
Not unless you experience a qualifying life event. These are:
• a change in legal marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, death of a spouse, legal separation, or annulment;
• a change in number of eligible dependents, for example due to birth or adoption of a child, death of a dependent, or a dependent child turning age 13;
• a change in employment status (for you, your spouse or dependent) that affects your eligibility for benefits;
• entering leave without pay status to perform military service;
• a change in cost or coverage, such as a significant increase charged by your current day care provider, or a change in your provider (applies to dependent care accounts only); and
• a change in the number of tax dependents you have (for example, a parent now living with you).
A period of leave without pay (including a furlough) is not considered a qualified status change unless it is due to military deployment.
An enrollment or change of elections due to a qualifying life event must be consistent with the event—for example, increasing a dependent care account on the birth of a child.
Mediterranean diet more than just weight loss
Dec 12, 2016
Working wife and higher divorce theory debunked
Aug 10, 2016
Celebrating National Nutrition Month
Mar 29, 2016
New study: Have a seat, it won’t kill you
Oct 14, 2015
Wellness programs: What's it worth to you?
Aug 21, 2015
Federal Coach Blog
Federal Coach: Defusing heated political debates in the federal workplace
Mar 22, 2017
Federal Coach: Federal leaders need contingency plans to manage hiring freeze for the short and long term
Mar 08, 2017
Federal Coach: How to win over Washington? Listen to your federal workforce.
Feb 07, 2017
Federal Coach: Top NCI official Dinah Singer on the moonshot fight against cancer
Feb 01, 2017
Sylvia Mathews Burwell, who shepherded Obamacare, talks about its uncertain future
Jan 17, 2017
Operation Supreme Court Freedom
Mar 23, 2017
Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
Mar 16, 2017
Women in Congress
Mar 09, 2017
White House Cabinet History
Mar 02, 2017
Feb 23, 2017
Thrift Savings Plan
8251 Greensboro Drive, Suite 510
McLean, VA 22102
Editorial, Ad Sales & Events: (703) 876-5100
Subscriptions & Customer Service: (800) 989-3363
© 2007-2017 1105 Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.